Sunday, December 30, 2012

Begin/End/Begin Again

2012 was an exciting year.  One of the enormous accomplishments I feel proud of the most was opening the consignment booth in February.  I am no business woman and the learning curve has been steep for me.  The summer was so rough that it cost me an arm and a leg to even keep the booth going. But, I love it.  We have used the space to get to know other people in the community who have similar values as we do and we have thrown art showings in order to help support local artists.  All things I envisioned myself doing in my life.
The booth is located inside Seminole Heights Antiques & Home Decor.
More pics :)











I just couldn't of done any of this without my husband, the X-man.  I am <3-ing him so much looking back over these pics.  If anyone is ever in Tampa and you love vintage clothing, cool retro home decor, or antiques come check out the store.  It has so many cool vendors that I have gotten to know this year. I've also gotten to know and work with other artists, stylists, models, bloggers, photographers...   All these new people and areas of adventure stemming from my little venture.  So amazing.  Plus, we already have a big art show/event planned for the New Year!!!  More deets sooooon :))


Now, I also have a bright vintage 80s dress here that I sort of thought was going to be for me...  Buuuut, it's not quite me.  I have a weird feeling when I'm in it that I should be headed to the office or something.  I hate that feeling!  It's obviously too sophisticated or, or, or, I don't know what-- nice, maybe?  I am a bit more grungy.  So it is now for sale here.
 

I love bright 80s dresses, though, especially 100% cotton midi- length with POCKETS!
Here is one that I've worn to death, sewed, re-sewed...

Only 8 months (and 25 lbs) ago!!!!  Love me some bright 80s sundresses.  This one has the criss-cross cut out back that I adore.  I will wear this until it is rags and I am always looking out for the NEXT perfect one ;).  
If you dig this style, too, I have a similar extra large size one for sale here like this:


People always compliment my sundresses and are always so shocked and surprised when I tell them they are 80s.  They 80s was not all crazy red leather zippered jackets and parachute pants (although I LOVE that stuff!), there was lots of super fem dresses.
OK!  Time to wrap this up and head over to Patti's Visible Monday.  I love how she's made it so easy to check out everybody's hot looks!!
Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 comments:

  1. Your shop looks wonderful! I will definitely come visit when we go to Tampa again (we are on the central east coast of Florida). Love your bright vintage dresses, and thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti,
      You're in Florida, too!! That would be amazing if you came to Tampa and got to visit the store! I love how the store has sort of introduced me to people I would have never met otherwise :))
      Happy New Year!!!

      Delete
  2. Business can be tough, especially in the beginning. Hang in there, it is so worth it and because you have an awesome husband, you have an even greater advantage. May you be super successful in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Style Higher! Small business is definitely tough!! Hoping 2013 is a good one :))
      Happy New Year!!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year and what a fabulous looking shop and gorgeous outfits, too. Wishing you all that's good in 2013! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the business. Takes guts. And the 25 pounds, however they got there, look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think it would be so much fun to do this...good luck with the business. How much fun in 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam,
      It is fun... And work!! lolzzz!

      Delete
  6. Very pretty sundress. I know what you mean about clothing not feeling right. No matter how great it looks, and it does look great on you, if it doesn't make you happy then it should go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! I am learning to let go of things quick now if they don't 'feel right'. I have no more time to waste being uncomfortable or feeling weird :))
      Just saw your blog and it's great. I loved the post showing all your brooches--- I would so wear a bunch of those at once on a sleeveless vest!!!
      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  7. Happy New Year! Congrats on your successes in the last year. You look very pretty in the sundress. Any chance of larger pics? I'm very old and blind! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy NY and congrats for your success
    The dresses are lovely

    Ariane xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ariane!! Hopefully the success part will happen this year! :D

      Delete
  9. Happy new year and congratulations on all your endeavors; also, wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fifth N Sixth!! I appreciate it! PS-- You two are so stylin' on your blog!

      Delete