Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Get Drifted

You've seen a lot of these pieces before...  One of the reasons I don't post more frequently is that my outfits are very similar mash-ups and mix-ups of things I've already posted.  
This outfit is about an even mix of retail/thrifted/vintage/ and small business (handmade).
Love these shoes.  There will probably be no more closed toes boots until next winter.  Too hot.

I have a thing for muscle tees.  I hear lots of ladies talk about not wanting to show their arms...  I don't care about that and mine are not tiny.  I feel like they make me look tough.
See the bottom tips of those long earrings...  Those are hand-made by an amazing friend of mine that went to high school with me over 2 decades ago.  She runs a brilliant company call Drifted.
It's all up-cycled hand-made jewelry and belt buckles from things like old surfboards.
These are super long badass leather and gold stud ones I am wearing and there are more sold here.  I am totally going to get these next.
I have another pair of shorter red velvet earrings from them that I've worn in several posts already.
For fun updated check their Facebook page here.
The best part about Drifted besides how freakin' cool their stuff is, the fact that it's green, the fact that I've known and loved the owner forever (Lil' Lisa!!-- so proud of you!!), is that fact that I know all the other things they support.  First of all, she supports her family, she is outspoken and fights for equal rights for all, she stands up for what she believes-- like fighting against GMOs and corporations like Monsanto...  This is the future of business.  Don't let the 'small' part fool you.  Small will be the new big.
Becky
<3 <3 <3

16 comments:

  1. I think this outfit is hot! I do the same thing wear a few of my favorite dresses and just mix it up with different leggings or whatever else. You totally rock the feather ear rings too and these with leather and gold and badass!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very '60s and cute! Your arms are gorgeous! Wait until you're my age and they sag no matter what size they are. And Michelle Obama's arms are bionic, so no help there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your style and your arms look great in that t shirt. It's really a good feeling to wear something made by a friend isn't it? It makes me feel stronger when I'm wearing it, which is silly I know. Those sandals are lovely too, still boot weather here, can't wait for sunshine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your style, every detail of this outfit is mind blowing!The skirt, the shirt and the boots are wonderful and you look amazing, I love bare arms and the shirt really suits you, that print is great!
    The earrings are fabulous too!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit and if I didn't live in the UK I'd dress like you all the time. Those boots are incredible - I want! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your arms look great, Becky, and I love the outfit. Wearing your favourite stuff in rotation is what we all do, isn't it? I do! Those shoes are fabulous, it's not open toe weather here at all! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it all, and WANT your boots, aHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that cuff! I have to laugh about the arm showing thing, I definitely fall into the Don't Show the Arms camp. Mine are too skinny, it's just not attractive. Time to start lifting some weights, ha ha! Thank you so much for joining us for the "How I Wear My: Everyday Bag" post. I cannot BELIEVE you got that bag at Payless, whenever I am there I head straight for the kid aisle, guess I need to take a longer look around! XO, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your arms and the fact that you accept and admire your body as is. I'm so tired of hearing women and some men at my jobs wishing that they have this actress or this actor body.
    The skirt designs are very Indian-inspire and the necklace and the shirt triangle are a cool match and of course those shoes are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Becky!

    I will feature you as one of my fav Friday Ladies!

    Have a good weekend

    Ariane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The arm thing- I get it- I show mine too, and I know they are no longer small- but I like the 'tude. You look gorgeous- and I can see why you mash it up so much- you've got great clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh yes! I love this! You look cosmic boho sexy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh but one of my favourite things about reading blogs is seeing how delicious lovelies like you manage to look so gorgeous when they restyle pieces just because they love wearing them so much! I love that black skirt and I think the whole "cover your arms" thing is just a crock of shit. You look amazing in your very desirable muscle shirt and it must be so lovely to wear sandals again - they're gorgeous and yay for sunshine! All your jewellery is scrummy, especially the beautiful blue cuff and the earrings are divine!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never get that thing about not showing your arms - it's so draconian - like Desiree says - what a crock of sh*te. So I salute you lady, looking strong in your muscle tee. Long live bare arms for all women!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love love the tee, anything hippy is a must at the moment. I also love the earrings xx

    ReplyDelete