Thursday, May 2, 2013

Heavy Metal

So Jill at Everything Just So and Adrienne at The Rich Life on a Budget  are hosting the How I Wear My Metallic posts this week and I thought I would just share a little more...  You know, going heavy on the metal.
One of my favorite dresses is a scandalously sheer and super tight low cut lurex number that I thrifted.  It literally has a runner in the chest.  But, I LOVE it.  (These pics were taken about a year ago.) Now for sale HERE!!!
It's got small puffed sleeves, stripes, and a peplum.  I am wearing it with a gold belt with a big buckle.
I think the belt is from Steinmart, as is the necklace.  The dress is a bronze/gold/black lurex.  Patterned tights from Dillard's that have proved invaluable!!  I wear them with so many outfits-- even though they now also have runners (but, clearly runners don't stop me!).  The boots are the same Anne Michelle ones I showed in detail here for Bella's Shoe Shine series.
I didn't include my friend in the pic because I wasn't sure if she wanted to be on the blog and I wanted to post this ASAP so it would be somewhat current with the How I Wear My Metallics posts.
These are just more of my favorite metallic styles.  I love love love metallics and I think they are easy to incorporate to any outfit for a little (or a lot) of edge.
Becky
<3 <3 <3

25 comments:

  1. You are totally rocking the metal, you fabulous lady! That dress is a beauty, love the peplum waist and the gold accessories! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that is a fabulous dress, Becky, I love it! Great shape, love the peplum detail, and it looks so good with the tights and boots. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love it, runners and all! The peplum and ruffled sleeves are feminine, yet the look is rocker glam. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is some dress love, runs and all I can see why. It is gorgeous on you! I really like your hair here too.
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! It has lots and lots of style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got the dash, girl! And I gotta say, I like the bangs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look awesome! What a fabulous outfit! Love the lurex dress! Looks great with the tights and boots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very beautiful dress darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is stunning!!!Perfect with the tights and the beautiful belt! Your hair here looks amazing, I have a very complicated relationship with bangs, I keep on cut my hair and then let it grow again, but everytime I see an hairstyle like yours I fall in love with it again, you look wonderful!!
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Metallic suits you beautifully!
    Congratulations on being on the list and I love your Steinmart belt.
    I shop at Steinmart for many of my accessories as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You shine in your metal! Love the fit of the dress and the peplum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a nice style and color for you!
    Love it

    Love and hugs

    Ariane xxx


    ReplyDelete
  13. Wearing metallics means you're going places- even if you're just staying in. You look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh the peplum on this is so cool. I love how it's not quite poufy but still adds that extra layer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aaaayyyeeeeeeeeeee what amazing colours this gorgeous dress is throwing out there - she deserves a name and a ranking - Captain Fabulous will do just fine! Ooooh your hair back then :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. yep... very cool dress in deed, love the glitz and sparkle... and have you had your bangs cut? They look very cool, a little shorter and straighter xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. this entire outfit it stunning! the dress, tights, shoes! all amazing! great look!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome dress! This looks fabulous on you, especially with the tights and boots.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow! I love the dress, belt, tights...everything! Gorgeous! Inspires me to wear more metals!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That dress is gorgeous and really suits you!
    Love metalics myself, would like to see more!

    ReplyDelete