Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Holy Grail

So, I think we all know that the Holy Grail of shoes is one that looks amazing and is super comfortable.    Everyone probably knows by now that I am a mom of two.  Part of what makes me long for super comfy shoes (other than the fact that I'm getting older and my feet hurt dang it!) is that we often spend long fun days at place like Disney World and Busch Gardens (we have annual passes).
I usually say no to ad or sponsorship offers.  Kind of embarrassed to admit that when Sole Provisions contacted me I was going to ignore it until I saw the Orthaheel brand.
My husband and my mom made fun of me to no end that I became excited at the 'ortha' part--- you see, I thought the might be orthopaedic and therefore comfy.

I picked sandals because I wear them constantly-----practically year round.  I'm serious.  I probably buy at least two pair of sandals a year that I literally wear out.
I picked these: The Orthaheel Mia Black 



The soles of the shoe were marvellous!!!
The downside was they ran super big and so might feet were sort of rubbing on the straps.  I am going to give them to my mom to try because she is a size bigger.  The website said to size down if you were in between sizes, but it almost seemed like a whole size big for me.  I was kind of daft and wore them anyway---- I should of returned them for a smaller size!
After my mom tries them out I'll let everybody know what she thinks about them.  She was VERY interested in the Orthaheels herself after she stopped making fun of me for wanting comfy heels.


I'd also like to add that the Sole Provision customer service rep that contacted me was super sweet and thorough.  If this is any indication of how they handle their business then that is a big plus.  Prompt and thoughtful responses, prompt shipping... 

Going to hook up to Bella's Shoe Shine since I have some shoes to talk about!!!!!

25 comments:

  1. It is true that one longs for Birkenstocks right around the middle of a vacation, when one's feet have been torn to shreds by cute sandals.

    Actually, yours are cute. SO happy to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cute! I'm like you with sandals, although not year-round here. Why wear socks when your toes can be so happy getting some sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much of a fan of sponsored posts, but you wrote with such honesty and humour about being given the sandals, it made me laugh! And you didn't start the post with the phrase "when the lovely people at Sole Provision got in touch..." for which I am grateful.
    Anyhow, shame the sandals are too big for you, hope they fit your mum, and even though they have "ortha" in the name, they look really good! I need comfortable shoes these days too, so I completely understand about painful feet.
    Btw, it's good to hear from you again, Becky! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Becky, I would find it hard to live in FLA as I love boots too much! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, you're back!
    Like Curtise, I'm not generally a fan of sponsored posts unless they're written honestly and with humour which you did! Being a bone fide cripple (pre-last op I had to have a built-up sole in my Birkenstocks) I'd be happy to wear these! Shame they're that bit too big but at least your Mum gets free shoes! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look cool, and yeah, I'm always skeptical of sponsored posts too. But I suspect that this year, for the first time, I have to really pay attention to comfort VS style. I'm inclined to listen to you because I think you might actually have some integrity and sense. I'll be checking out your suggestions. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute sandals :)


    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/2013/09/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi i can't believe you go t a free pair of shoes. i never get offers like that in dublin. i too have that problem of uncomfortable feet . i would definitely check this site out.i love the photo of your family in the last post. new york looks great. it's great to be back after the summer. love lucyx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!! I think you need those sandals in your size anyway, considering you're on your feet with the young 'uns, tearing up Disney World and all - GAH!!!! So jels!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those sandals totally rock!!!
    Ha, I actually have a small collection of orthapedic sandals for when I have to do a lot of walking....!!! I have heel trouble, so if I know I'm going to be on my feet for a long period of time, that's what I wear. The SHAME!! Ha, no, not really! Just life! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those sandals look pretty comfortable and are cute too. I am all about comfort in shoes. I like to see high heels on other people! XO, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. Comfort is key, man! Those shoes are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Comfortable and stylish is a winning combination.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ah! comfy shoes so important
    I like them, very nice

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooo your back!!!!! so glad! dont want you to go again!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great stuff! Nothing like getting some good freebies. I don't see anything wrong with it, especially if you like the product :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad to see you blogging again.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm the same way, I run around A LOT so I need comfortable shoes. I have abandoned ALL pretty but painful pairs. Will have to look into these. I find Crocs brand boots/shoes/heels to fit the criteria of being comfortable and beautiful too. :D Need to shoe hunt because I am wearing gross black flip flops with everything everywhere to be comfortable. Not stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so late to respond to this- the shoes look great- and I've heard that Orthoheel is a good walking shoe brand. I like you was very impressed with Sole Provisions customer service, hope you get more offers for comfy shoes! PS Thank you for linking up to shoe shine- to me YOU are always a star. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute shoes! Ill have to check them out on line!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those shoes look great and super comfy. My mom actually has severe issues with her feet and can never find comfortable shoes, so I think I actually might get these for her and see how they work out for her, especially since she'll be travelling and will need to do a lot of walking. Thanks for sharing!!

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love your blog! is amazing! kisses from Mexico :)

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Magda-Juache/117323968337442

    http://magdajuache.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great choice.
    I was missing you, my lovely
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete