Monday, December 23, 2013

Mt. Dora

Soooooo, my husband and I, the X-man, don't celebrate any holidays.  Buttttttt, we do join in festivities with friends and family that are often very holiday related and who do celebrate.

Hence, the trip to Mt. Dora with my mom, brother, sister in law, and the kiddies.
It's a fun little old fashioned town filled to the brim with vintage and antique shops, restaurants, and other fun little stuff.

Pic heavy!




Downside...  Things were pricey!  See the button here about dept. store prices?  Irony!



Loving this chair!  



Kids (and adults)went crazy in this toy store :)




The pretty lake you can walk to by the town.  


Sign on the restaurant door.  Made me laugh.


Ten minutes out of Mt. Dora there is an old steam engine train that is in working condition and takes you 'Polar Express' style rides with carolling, Santa, elves, hot cocoa, cookies...

Girl London and Baby Dream in their new jammies that their Uncle Dick and Tia Cha Cha bought them!


Santa!  lolzzzzzz  

I kid you not, Santa tried to stare down my dress!!!!  He tried to disguise it as asking about my necklace!  Now I know where all the HOE HOE HOE business comes from!



There were also cute teenage carollers and some elves that actually scared me a little.

But, the whole day was loads of fun!


Love and Light 
<3 <3 <3










13 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun outing to a pretty town, but Santa always, always freaked me out as a kid. I never ever wanted my picture taken on his knee. I still think he's a perve-like guy. Do I need therapy? Bwa-ha-ha about the hoe hoe hoe! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really great little town and the photos are also really great , in Sweden we dont have the tradition to sit in Santas knee - thank good for that !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great place to visit! Apart from the dirty Santa, the old perve... But you look so glorious in your maxi, Becky, perhaps he can be forgiven after all! Did you make use of the Husband Day Care Centre?
    Wishing you and your darling family a very happy Christmas! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pervie Santa! What a great looking place to explore. I love that department store button. And I want to know more about Hubby Daycare, lol. Even though you don't celebrate, have a lovely season and all the best for the new year. Your dress looks fab! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who can blame Santa for having a perv? You look gorgeous! That shop looks incredible and I love that chair, too.
    I don't "do" Xmas either but I never turn down a chance to drink to excess and dance till dawn! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should check out the Antique Row on Orange Ave, In Orlando next to the downtown area.
    Tons of stores and way better prices than Mt Dora. Some of those stores are old and dirty and you have to dig around. You know you will get a deal if you have to dig around. Im heading out to Orlando for a shopping trip in January....thrifting it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful to see you, have a great festive season, so great to find you in blog world this year xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous in that last pic!
    MT Dora looks like a lot of fun! Shame about the steep prices, but it's just the way it is these days! So hard to do some good old fashioned junk shopping!
    Happy Holidays! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely place! too bad about the high prices, well they all want to cash on a trend i guess and some people will buy no matter the price, not me anyhow we know better!

    Happy holidays to you all

    Arianexo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mt. Dora? There are mountains where you are?

    I'm with you on the holidays. I have (usually, when I'm not in exile) a two-foot black plastic tree with a bluebird clipped on top. I discovered, years ago, that it was enough Christmas for me. My children think it's very "po-mo". And, no, I did not know that full-on beards were in style. I just thought Chicago had gotten an influx of religious whack jobs. Oh, well, sooner or later women will get tired of kissing last night's spaghetti.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the decor and vintage beauty abounding :D ! Wish I could go without celebrating holidays myself, same here, I just go to visit family that -is- celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute kiddies you've got there :)
    Huggles x

    ReplyDelete