Thursday, March 13, 2014

Black Velvet Goldmine

You might have already seen an IG post about these YRU velvet platforms I got at a massive sale a few months ago at DollsKill.  They were like $30.  They are actually even more expensive now, so I'm happy I got them when I did.


I LOVE the rainbow laces.  I have a 'thing' for rainbows.
Purple velvet skirt is thrifted.  I think I may have mentioned here that velvet is happening now, right? 
Also, the massive FreePeople cuff that I've practically lived in since I got it...  Mentioned previously here.  Plus, a vintage flea market ring, and a little DIY crystal ring.  Aaaaand a bacon band-aid.  It was a good-bye gift from one of the X-man's work friends, but let's be honest, I am a hot clumsy mess and use all the band-aids. 



Another one of my favorite vintage necklaces, bought from another vendor where I used to have a booth, details here

I was wearing these in a thrift store the day of the Asheville Mardi Gras parade--doing a little shopping before joining in the revelry--and this girl was wheeling around a dude in a wheelchair and when she saw my shoes she was basically like, YES!  Later, they were checking out in the line before me with like, a massive toaster, I mean I swear this thing had like 8 slots for bread.  It was insane.  They were going on and on about how much toast they were going to make!  lolzzzzz



So, I'm totally hooking up to Bella's ShoeShine!!!!!  C U there!

Love & Light, 
Becky 
<3 <3 <3 

14 comments:

  1. I love the velvet shoes and skirt. Your massive cuff is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous jewellry, loving the colours.
    Amazing shoes.
    Very colourful laces too.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I crush on velvet big time. These are super sweet especially with those laces and those platforms. Let's here it for the short girls :) Love that cuff every time you wear it!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such funky boots, I adore velvet! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG get OUT with all your amazing, stunning jewellery!!!! Even the bacon bandaid looks stylish with all the rest Becky! I bought my creepers for $30 at a Dolls Kill sale and I where them nearly every day. Your boots with the rainbow laces are fab darling!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely! I think you would look great in some of our vintage clothing :)
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU SHINE! I love the shoes- love the rainbows, and the bacon band-aid. Add ing to my dogpile of love- love to see you back to blogging a bit. I miss your bloggy voice, and love to see what you are up to. xo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Be still my beating heart! I'd sell a kidney for those shoes (and the jewellery is effing fabulous!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Velvet and amazing bling: my idea of style paradise! I love the rainbow laces too - they take me back. I remember when every one had themed shoe laces, when was that, circa 1981? You're too young to know! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. The shoes are great, but the purple velvet will herein be your go-to Mardi Gras costumery.

    ReplyDelete