Sunday, March 9, 2014

If I could have these...

socks right here from MAGGIESFARMTIEDYE on Etsy

then I would have worn them when I went out Saturday night in this here vintage dress: 


Crappy pics because I was in a hurry.  My cousin and her boyfriend popped into Asheville for the weekend from Atlanta and we had our first real visitor!


My boots are leather knee-high and I got them from Etsy also for $25.  Not bad!  They are a little big, but my plan is to buy tall socks--like the ones above (WANT those bad!!) to wear with them in cold weather.  This dress used to be for sale in my shop because it was long sleeve (remember that old "no long sleeve" rule I used to talk about here and here--no longer necessary!!), but not anymore because it's cool enough here to wear it.  With tall boots.  And socks.  I need socks.  Seriously, I only had like 4 pair of ankle socks because I hardly ever wore closed toe shoes.  I need those socks!!!!!
I really did want to wear them with this outfit, but had to borrow the X-man's basic black instead.  Boooo!

Any way, linking up to Patti's Visible Monday and Spy Girls Sock Inspiration!!!!  

Love & Light,
Becky 
<3 <3 <3 



16 comments:

  1. Yes, those rainbow very tall socks would look great with that dress, and many other things!
    Thanks for linking up with my Sock Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world would be a happier place if we ALL had socks like that! Crappy pics are great, especially when we get to see you in that incredible dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn those are fine socks and YES I would need them for that gorgeous frock too!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the world of socks and warm clothes ..... sometimes so boring but not if you can wear such lovely socks and great dresses !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that dress and yes, it would look amazing with those killer socks! I bet you'd soon create something equally fabulous, though. I love a session with the dye and a big pot! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very cool vint dress, and yes, the socks will be perfect! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, xox.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous dress! SLEEVES! Enjoy the novelty of sleeves and boots and socks! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice to "see" you so I am happy for "crappy" pics! That dress looks amazing with or without those awesome socks. We Love Colors has some affordable over the knee options (and you would rock 'em too) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those socks are gloriarse, and they would go perfectly with your funky boots!
    I insist you buy them! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a really amazing blog. Beautiful photos and good text. I see that you put in a lot of passion. I really like the look of your blog.
    Feel free to my blog :)
    http://maryannfashionn.blogspot.com/
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. The socks would be cute, you are right ... but you're a beauty in the dress without them. Classic this way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, borrowing Xaviers socks! I have borrowed Gregs socks too....the real scary thing is when he borrows my flip flops. My feet are so big that he can borrow my shoes and they fit! I hate that! I act like they are too small for him and I yell at him for stretching them out....but the truth is...they fit him just fine:-(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Socks rock. Welcome to our world. And you're not even north of the Mason-Dixon Line yet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab dress, glad you kept it, it looks so lovely!!! And those awesome socks would be a great match too! xx Tani

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the dress and those rainbow socks! I have a difficult time finding over the knee socks as I am tall. I'm always on the lookout for them. I guess I should look on Etsy! I also have a difficult time getting dresses to fit, so usually wear skirts instead but am always admiring dresses on other people.

    ReplyDelete