Monday, March 17, 2014

That Green Lyfe

Yayyyyyy!  St. Paddy's Day!  Four leaf clovers, Guinness, corn beef stew, pinching people who don't wear green, ALL EVERYTHING IRISH!  Love it.

Here are some of the ways I live that green lyfe.
First of all, I love the color green.  Two of my favourite pieces of furniture are green.
This is a 1950s telephone table we got from the flea market in Tampa and we use it as a nightstand:


This green dresser was actually bought from a super cool Asheville store called Regeneration Station that I will do a post about later.  Huge consignment warehouse full of EVERYTINNNNNNG u want:

Yes, there are some scratches on the mirror, and yes, it's a little dirty.  This is my LAST MINUTE (really, is there any other way...  Not for me, at least.) St. Paddy's Day green post!

These pieces are like double green, because they're green (literally) and they're green as in second-hand.  You can't find this stuff at T@rget people!  I think we talked about living that #secondhandfirst   life here and another example of how amazing shopping second-hand can be for your home here.

To take it a bit further, I'm gonna brag on my baby the X-man.  Asheville is amazing, but when driving up our otherwise gorgeous little hill, we noticed the sides of the street were covered with trash.  I also noticed an older gentlemen literally picking up bag of garbage several days in a row.  When I told Xavier about the man, he was immediately like, "I'm going clean that sh@t up".  He contacted Asheville Green Works to ask to adopt the street.  He is in the process of getting approved, but the X-man went ahead and cleaned it up already.  He stated, "I don't need to wait for some agency  to tell me I'm approved to clean a street."  He went out last weekend on Saturday morning and cleaned up 7 bags worth of trash.

Hooking up to Spy Girl's Green Day post lolzzzz

Also, if you've gotten this far, I would like to add I have found the best vintage clothing store ever and am considering selling my soul to acquire ALL THE EVERYTHING in it.  More on that later.  I can't share it, yet, because my heart is too greedy and filled with lust for the STUFF.  It's local anyway, so you have to come to Asheville to shop there.  If you come I PROMISE I will take you there.
I'll probably do a post later...  I just want to pretend that I own the place for a while.  Is that so bad?

Love & Light,
Becky
<3 <3 <3

16 comments:

  1. I love all your green, and how awesome of your man to clean that up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Xavier is done cleaning streets, can he come here and clean my house? (and then cut my kids hair)? Love the dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love and light back to you.
    I love green furniture things but I don't know why I have almost no green in my closet. But I DO have cream green eye shadow. That should do.
    Well done, X-man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I totes understand about savoring the secret- yeah! And I love your GREEN post- both pieces are making me feel green with envy - and kudos to being officially an unofficial spokesperson for #SECONDHANDFIRST and
    YAY to X-man for being a green loving planet saving bad-ass. MUAH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an awesome street clean-up story. Your dude is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If everyone was as community spirited as your man the world would be a much better place. Get that man a beer!
    Loving the green furniture! That freaky picture needs to be on my wall of misery.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that green dressing table, and how cool is your bloke to do that? I'm impressed! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad that people litter like that; it makes me angry but my faith in humanity is renewed after hearing about your man's initiative! I learned to like green late, but now I love it. I used to have a thing about second-hand, retro green velvet furniture. And so nice you've found a great vintage shop - I think you know you're "home" once you've found one of those! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your green furniture and the dresser is a beaty! What a man !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i'm dying to hear about that shop. i love the dresser. love lucyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't keep us in suspense. It is not entirely out of the question that I would travel to Asheville to shop there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loathe St Paddy's day, but a green lyfe?! Feck yes!!!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your green furniture is stunning. Most of my furniture is second hand too, so I appreciate your love for the recycled. And the vintage store that you described! I am enthralled and can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweets, I'm a little confused by your comment on my last post...
    "SHARING!" ?! Sounds like sarcasm to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your dresser/night stand are gooorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete