Monday, May 26, 2014

Special Delivery!!!

Soooo, I've been doing lots of stuff lately.  I can't tell you everything, because it would be just way too much blogging for me, so I will share some weird random moments.  The best kind, right!?

On a little trip my family took recently to Helen, GA., we found ourselves near Cleveland, GA.  Nine miles to be exact!  This is the home of the BabyLand General Hospital---where Cabbage Patch Kids are born.  

Here is Baby Dream and Girl London with my preggers sister-in-law.


The salon! 


Nursery. 


Here is Baby Dream pulling a new baby right out of a cabbage patch.  


Now pay attention!!!!!  This is the MAGICAL TREE and special CABBAGE PATCH where a nurse assists births when you are there---it's a big production. 


Obviously, the girls adopted some kids...  Courtesy of Grandma.  Here is the family for the official ceremony and stuff.


There was this one doll who looked like she really needed a family.  I think she's been waiting a long time for someone to take her home :(


(She's actually wearing a pretty sweet vintage 70s Hang Ten tee and badass psychedelic print skirt.)

Nowwwwwwwww for a flashback!!!!  

I am originally from Atlanta and moved to Florida when I was about 12, but with so much of my family there, I ended up creepin' around GA a time or two.
My mom and dad had taken me to Babyland when I was a kid and one day when X-man and I were (most likely) on our way back home from Thanksgiving with my family in Helen...  I spotted BabyLand.   
I vaguely remember driving by and seeing the Babyland sign and being like, FUUUUUCK!  We must stop here!  You must witness this!! (It's free BTW.) 
And X-man being like whaaaaat????  (Because it's honestly hard to really understand until you go.)
It used to be different, less fancy, a little crappier, but still very magical!

Circa: 1993 or thereabouts 

Mwah!

X-man!


Trust me, we could of NEVER predicted two decades and two kids later back at BabyLand!
Hahahahahahah!

I'll leave you with this: 

Love & Light, 
Yecchie Becky 
<3 <3 <3 










16 comments:

  1. OMG! I hate those things, did you read my blog post regarding Cabbage Patch kids? Hate em! However, I do love that picture of you in that box....I'd buy a Becky doll....(No more that $15, Im on a budget)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the picture with X-man and the Cabbage Patch Doll is my favorite thing in the whole world. One of my husband's aunts gave my daughter a sort of knock-off Cabbage Patch Doll when she was born. It was intended to look like her - she must have told them that the baby was Italian, with olive complexion. What we got was a green-skinned doll in a sort of a plastic body bag, which looked like it had been dead for days. We thought it was hilarious, which shows you what kind of sick puppies we are...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my childhood experience regarding Cabbage Patch dolls!

    http://randomgoodsvintage.blogspot.com/2013/12/awesome-eighties-were-you-there.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea that there was such a place, that's hilarious!
    But I love that you and X-Man were there 20 years ago, and the wheel's come full circle - there's something very pleasing about the neatness of that!
    The Becky Doll is beautiful. Bonkers, but beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is crazy good! I'd take all my girls there! I love that you and the man had been all those years ago, life's cool and weird like that sometimes, his Mohawk rules! Love you in doll form!
    Xxooo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bizarre place. I thought those dolls were some craze from the 1980s, I had no idea they were still around - can't you just tell I don't have much to do with kids!
    I want a Becky doll! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter got hers and her daughters had theirs. Sweet story, and brought back memories, You were and still are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photo of you in 1993. Gorgeous then. Gorgeous now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your flashback! Who knew you two would be makibg cute little cabbages of your own? Xo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great post! Love the cabbage patch dolls, love the photos from the past!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And that lead is a real sofa/chair? Love it. Thanks for posting the pics and feel free to drop by me too anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww... that's so cute. What a great place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post and I love the full circleness of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the idea of the photo like you're in the box, too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My youngest daughter was mad for her Cabbage Patch babies - when she was little (and probably even now!) she would've thought she'd died and gone to heaven if she'd had the chance to go to Babyland. Her favourite baby was called Addie Kendra (classic C.P. name) but she had three other 'children' ;) As i read your post I remembered their 'smell' - just like baby powder.

    ReplyDelete