Friday, May 9, 2014

When u wear what u want

Some styles that I love are just not flattering on me...  The sort of big tent dresses and what-not.  Wearing them anyway!



Sitting on the swing we hung from a tree...  The neighbors house is behind me lolzzzzz  They get to witness my amazing modelling.  Lucky them, huh?

This was the sort of dress I wanted to buy when I purchased that overpriced one I talked about here, that wasn't even vintage :(
This one is 80s, I adore the glorious 60s and 70s versions, but they are rare and expensive.  I found this one at an inexpensive Downtown Vintage Market that is kind of awesome.  They even have a cafe and bar.
It's purplish, cotton, has an elephant/paisley/floral print and is thick enough so you can just wear it w/o worrying about being too sheer.  I love sheer, but it often means having to REALLY figure out proper undergarments to make it work.  So you don't get arrested or whatever.

But, like I said, this stuff is not really flattering for me.  Fuck flattering!


Here is a nice chunky rear view for you!

Also, this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vix is a vintage fairy making one of my vintage dreams come true!!!  I have ALWAYS wanted one of these bastard massive cuffs and she sent me one.  X-man loves it, Girl London tried to run off with it, because it's amazing.  THANK YOU!!!!


This is a vintage handbag that was handmade from some old super soft denim and embroidery.  It was an inexpensive Etsy purchase.  I really like it!

I am wearing a vintage shell necklace from Antique Addict.  One of the dopest vintage stores in Tampa with the nicest owner ever.  She's been there forever.  X-man and I would shop there as teens in high school.  She was always so sweet and encouraging when I started my own business.  Great lady, small biz owner, appreciates vintage, has so much knowledge, very kind and helpful---and has great clothes at great prices!!  I do miss her.


Kind of a crappy pic!  The other necklace is a hand carved coconut one from my first trip to Puerto Rico with the X-man...  Probably 15 or more years ago.

Anyway, lots of second-hand goodies here so linking up to Bella's SecondHandFirst!!

Love & Light,
Becky
<3 <3 <3

22 comments:

  1. Wrong! You look gorgeous. Switch out the boots ('90s) for sandals ('60s-'70s) and you'll see. Love the jewelry. X-man and you go back to high school??? Wow. I met my husband when I was 18 and knew IMMEDIATELY that I was going to marry him. Took him a little longer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cuff bracelet! Love that purse too, although it doesn't look large enough to fit all my shit I lug around every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress on you - I think you look great. Great jewellery too - isn't Vix a darling? The bag is a perfect accessory with this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not flattering ? I think you look great !
    The handbag is adorable and the jewllry rocks !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually the dress looks great on you. I love the print, and that bag is fabulous, I love colorful things. Is it hot over there? Here in Sicily it is still a bit chilly, but this weekend it's warmer, perhaps we can get over to the beach.

    www.saucysiciliana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that dress looks perfectly lovely on you. Unflattering? It's anything but x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Long live wearing what you love!!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great in that dress, and I love the accessories, specially the embroidered purse. I love how it picks up the blue in the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who cares about "flattering" -- we should wear what we like. And you obviously like this dress from the joy you express. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really? You don't think it's flattering? I think you look Adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh sweet mary jesus and joseph you're a spunk-rat darling!!!!!! I too ADORE fine cottons in summer, there really is NO alternative! Doesn't suit you? Get 'ya hand off it! (crass yet affectionate Aussie speak for "you've got to be joking"!) I'm going to steal that frock and THAT BAG!!!!!!!! How the fuck am I going to get my hands on one like it? My search commences ... now!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look fabulous! I adore that dress on you and those boots! You look like some bohemain queen with attitude! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooo please link up to shiny t! Your fabularse needs to come play x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wear what you want! I think you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the print of that dress and that embroidered bag is AMAZING!! I am SOOO steaming hot jealous of your giant Vix cuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Flattering is so over-rated. I'd rather wear something I feel fantastic in and my big smile distracts from anything else! Love that bag something mental and glad you lurve the cuff! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look amazing! The colors suit you- you positively glow! Love the print- so you, and that bastard cuff (AND ITS FROM THE VIXEN???) how rad it that, and how good it looks on your arm! I think you should wear what you love, it surely loves you back! That bag is rad, too! Thanks for posting and linking up, babe. You're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look great, Becky, the dress is a beauty, and I love those cuffs of Vix's (she gave me one too, yay!) Great rings too, and what a sweet bag. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Becky my first visit to your blog. The dress is fine and it fits your figure so no worries. If you can stand it a thin belt could give it a bit of structure.I too love thrifting between us it's the only way i can lay my hands in an abundance of clothes. But it has become sort of an ideology,too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Becky!
    I'm slowly coming back, i'm lacking energy these days but i will come around
    I love your dress, yes they are expensive aren't day? I found one gorgeous indian dress, i wonder how old it is, i never seen one like this - I should post it on Facebook and ask you experts!
    Love your cuffs, what great gift!

    Take care

    Hugs

    Arianexo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm loving the embroidered bag... it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete