Thursday, July 3, 2014

Summah Readin'

I am a few weeks behind!!  Going to do a post anyway before I catch up.  Mainly because it involves a book going around, started by the amazing Jan at Fort Smith Stylista, that I need to talk about and get on to the next in line!


the thoughtful dresser by Linda Grant

Really liked the book!!!  Grants voice/writing style was very enjoyable to me.  She was funny and smart and had a good sense of humor.  I'm not going to give away all the deets, but she talks about fashion and basically why a lot of us really enjoy it.  Annnnnd how a big part of why some people put down fashion, particularly a woman's interest in fashion is basically based in misogyny.  

I need to find out who is next for this book and send it off!!  It's a great summer read :)  THANKS Jan for the rec!!!

My mom just came for her week long vacation and birthday visit and we had ridiculous amounts of fun.  So grateful for my mom.  

Now, a few quick posts.  I realized I haven't even really taken pics or shared some of my favorite items of clothing.  I got this sort of undergarment white cotton slip that I wear like a dress last summer on my New York trip from Artists & Flea.  



I rly love it!!  But, I am considering dyeing it blue...  I'm figuring I'll wait 'till I've completely stained it (bound to happen!) and then do it.  The biggest cuff from Queen Vix.  The fabulous short pink kimono is from Twice Round Vintage. That was the store I mentioned before that I wanted to keep to myself for awhile, maybe pretend I own it, possible move in and live there...  What I like about it, you ask????  Lots of fun vintage at AFFORDABLE prices!!!!!  Thank you very much!

Also, sometimes when it's rly hot I just wear crap like this:


Some thrift shop cheap Mango label dress that I don't even have to feel guilty about wiping my hands on if I want to...  

Also, Asheville is confusing in the summer.  I keep walking out to my backyard, but there is just a big garden and no swimming pool!?  Hmmph. 

P.S.  Those roots!  Need my hair did STAT!  Off to catch up with blogs!!!!!

Edited: Sharing with MIS PAPELICOS share-in-style!


17 comments:

  1. Oh that white slip dress is so pretty, especially with the kimono!
    Good to see The Thoughtful Dresser is still on its travels. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're all reading the Thoughtful Dresser these days! Gosh I just love your antique nightie with the silky wrap. So very casual flapper. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that book when I read it too, were you thanking me or another Jill? Or maybe you meant Jan? LOL. My favorite part is when Linda talked about stores being like museums, which is how I feel all the time. Probably for the best that I try to go to fancy stores so I can't actually buy anything. Ha. Have a great 4th of July with your family and Foxy! XO, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh! A new fashion book! I just gave all my old ones to Goodwill, so gotta start again. And I like the Mango dress, you look adorable in it.

    Leave the dress white. Dye the HAIR blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The white slip is great and the kimono on top is perfect ! Looks relaxed ... in a great way . I wo der if that book ha been translated , must check .
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both of those dresses! I have to call you to discuss my Detroit trip!
    and catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to read this book I've heard so much about it now! Love the white dress and kimono and sounds like vintage shopping in NY is lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving that multi layered outfit, fabulously boho and cool! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that white dress, especially when it is weared with other superimposed garments look so romantic and ethereal ... Happy week, dear Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The white dress looks great on you- although my first thought- if that were me wearing it, it would have coffee stains all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those outfits look so comphy, perfect for summer. I've been reading style books too, trying to create the perfect wardrobe one pice at a time :D Need more vintage clothes in my life....

    ReplyDelete
  12. That white frock and kimono frock! Heavenly pieces that make a gorgeous combination!
    As for my complexion, when I fiddle with my photos on Picasa, somehow it gives me a glowing, smooth complexion-I have no idea HOW!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I covet every item from that first outfit especially the kimono! And your "crap" outfit is pretty fabulous too in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the book and loved it! And I love your 'slip dress!' and kimono combination. Your creativity is showing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG I love the pink kimono!!!!
    Looking lovely as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Becky. Thanks for the advice. Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Becky!
    Tks for the book suggestion- I will see if I can get for my Kindle and I love your kimono!

    Arianexo

    ReplyDelete