Sunday, September 21, 2014

4Gs

A couple of weeks ago my mom flew in for a quick visit and we all popped down to see my Grandma.  In this picture we have the 4 generations.  And our dogs.


Let me tell you, it is a treat to watch your mom with her mom.  We'll leave it at that.
This is my grandmother and my grandfather back in the day.  Probably 40s/50s or something.  


This is her before she was married as a teen.  Her name was Dorothy and she was from Kansas!  Obviously, she loves the Wizard of Oz. 


Speaking of the 50s I found this little cupcake dress.  It looks ragged in this picture for some reason, but it's really a pretty pale baby blue.  It was about $2 in the rag bins.  Pretty much thinking of keeping it in case Girl London wants to eventually wear it to a dance. 


It is getting cooler here and I can anticipate the season changing and it is making me want to wear black.  


I pulled out the leopard blazer already!  Jackets are so exciting for me still. 
Hooking up to Patti's Visible Monday!!!

Love & Light,
Becky xoxox

PinkCheetahVintage

13 comments:

  1. Your excitement for the season change makes me more appreciative of the weather changes. Yup, fall and winter, we want to cuddle up in warm colours. I hope you have fun with your wardrobe! Great blazer, and great dress find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, forgot to say that I love the picture of you with your family. You are a pack of beauties, that's for sure. I like to see where we come from.

      Delete
  2. That family photo is wonderful, how lucky you are to have 4 generations still with you! Your grandma was a beauty, love that shiny suit.
    That dress is so pretty! Keep it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture with your grandma and the Kitten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pictures, Becky - I love your grandma's gorgeous suit! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous post! I love historical photos. Your grandma was fashionable in her youth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful photo of four generations of fabulous ladies! Dorothy certainly was a beauty in her youth, and she looks petty great now too! That's the prettiest 50s frock, and you look cool in your black and leopard print. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh do I love this post! That is one glamorous set of grandparents you've got, what a great photo of them as a couple and the shot of Dorothy alone is gorgeous too. What a fox! Was she a model? My husband's mother and grandmother were both named Dorothy, I'm thinking that was a super popular name back in the day, maybe akin to all the Jennifers I grew up with in the 1980s? And yeah, you are so right, it is a treat to watch your mom with her mom. I swear, I want to grab a bowl of popcorn and just sit tight, chow down, and observe. Ha. XO, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great family photo ! And the old pics ... wow - what a gorgeous woman ! One can fore sure se where your great looks comes from !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great dress rescued from the bin! Excellent. You look ready for fall ... feels kind of good to go back to darks, doesn't it?
    Your photo of the women in your clan is amazing ... how beautiful you all are. Really lovely. Such gorgeous photos from the way back! I have boxes of old photos. Everyone is gone now but me, and it feels bad to go through them, actually. Perhaps when I get a bit older it will feel better, but good for you all. Keep taking pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at your grandmother;'s suit! She was some dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, your grandma was (is) freaking gorgeous! How lovely to see all of you together, four generations of women!

    And keep the dress. That's a score!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by mi blog amor.
    What a bunch of gorgeous ladies!Your grandma, what a doll, she reminds of a softer version of Lauren Bacall. I want a cup cake dress

    besos

    ReplyDelete