Sunday, September 7, 2014

Big Love Fest

It has come to my attention that I have basically stopped taking pics of most of the things we do.  However, the X-man takes pics all the time, of everywhere we go, and everything we do.  He puts it all on Facebook.  If you are friends with the X-man on Facebook then you know EVERYTHING.  His Facebook is a better blog than my blog.  Basically, I swipe pics from him to make posts.

Asheville has a million festivals.  They are all pretty fun.  This is one we went to with art, music, and food called the Big Love Fest. 







I actually found a vintage dress here!!!  I bought it, but it was too big.  That almost NEVER happens.
It's a blue 50s/60s brocade one.  Has some flaws, but I am not the type to care as long as it's not on some really inopportune spot.  X-man was like, "Isn't that one almost just like the other one?"
YES. It is.  Because I like blue and I like brocade.  Too bad it don't work.  Now listed here.



I was really happy that morning because I finally bleached my roots.  I traded a vintage dress for this handmade necklace.  My dress is from T@rget.  Years ago.  I actually bought it when I was pregnant with Girl London and could in no way fit into it.  Eventually I got to wear it.  Here I am squeezing into it again!!  It's really sturdy and well-made.  One of those special collections.  I got it on major clearance.  I don't buy clothes from there anymore, but I do not regret this purchase at all. 


Lovely dirty mirror selfie so you can actually see it.  Probably need to take some cleaner to this stat.

Hooking up to Patti's Visible Monday.  C u there!

Love & light,
Becky
<3 <3 <3

14 comments:

  1. Asheville looks like a cool place for festivals. And I love the brocade dress you found - too bad about the fit! Fab Target dress too; Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dirty mirror selfie...because it looks like my dirty mirrors..Asheville looks like such a fun place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Target dress looks amazing on you, especially with the necklace you picked out to go with it. What a great idea to trade for it. And hey, if someone else would take pictures for me, why not?! Ha. The festival looks like fun. Great job on your roots too. Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The festival looks greatband they are always great fun . Sometimes mirror selfies are the only way!
    love the dresses !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress looks great with the fabulous necklace and the festie looks like fun. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a cool festival, and I always love pink and orange together so the dress is a winner with me! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful dress. I love festivals like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. From what I see of your house, looks adorable :D Love the dress and festival photos too, looks like an ideal place to be an indie biz owner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh, I wish we had good festivals here!! Invite me over next time you go out to one! HEE!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My cousins just moved to Asheville. EVERYBODY I know wants to move to Asheville. A great place to escape the polar vortexes, so it seems. They university evidentally balances out the hillbillies, making Asheville a better bet than Florida or Texas which are the traditional choices of snow-weary Yankees. At least I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwh! You are the cutest family, and how pretty you all look. Even your huz! You're adorable even with your tongue raspberrying, but in the last photo ... you look like a prettily dressed Dr. Who alien creature, with a face made completely of light!
    Worse looks could happen, I suppose ....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I love Asheville and its festivals!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's nice to see your sweet and magical face. Love that brocade dress- I see why you keep buying them up! Asheville looks real cool- thank the Xman for us for taking so many great shots of you and your town.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Becky,
    Excellent purchase! I think the color is perfect for you - Lucky you found this Target - We have Target here but not much in there- They made a big fuss about Target opening in Montreal, but they are not doing well -
    Festival looks fun, lots of festivals here too
    Can't wait to get the dress I ordered!

    Ariane

    ReplyDelete