Sunday, December 14, 2014

Repeat Offender

I wore the same dress twice this week.  Once to The Big Crafty on Sunday and then again Thursday night to my husband's office dinner at a Japanese Steakhouse.


Forcing my children to take pictures of me in an effort to get out of the mirror selfie situation.  Needless to say, they weren't that interested in the project.  Ignore Foxy's bed beside.  He likes to rip up stuffed animals in there for fun.  

The dress is one I bought from a fellow vintage dealer that I talked about in an earlier post here.  It is one of my all time favorites <3


Almost all 2nd hand stuff here, except my trusty Ren Faire tote talked about here that was bought from a vendor and two necklace that were gifts.

I'm also trying to stick to the 1 in 1 out rule because otherwise I would just keep EVERYTHING.

I was thisssss close to listing this Catherine Ogust blouse.  Like, literally typing the listing, and then stopped and ran and put it in my closet to keep.  So, I knew I had to pick something to go.

I've come across several Catherine Ogust dresses and have a weird obsession with them, but I'd never seen a shirt.


I love it.  Probably won't wear it until spring, but still keeping.

This is what's going in it's place: 



A vintage polyester button up with leaves and butterfly print.  It's listed here.
I love polyester button ups, but I'm PICKY about prints.  I hate giving up stuff I like!!!!

Hooking up to Patti's Visible Monday and can't wait to see what everyone's been up to and wearing.

Love & Light,
Becky <3 <3 <3

22 comments:

  1. Lovely boho dress - and the necklace is fabulous too. I've been meaning to thank you for referring us to The Independent in Tampa -- we go there every time we travel to St. Pete and really love the vibe, and the food. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, too! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try very hard to stick to the "one in, one out" rule, too. But, more important to me is the "if it doesn't fit get rid of it" rule, and your beautiful dress fits you quite well!

    Happy Holidays ;-)
    Alicia
    spashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you're wearing that dress twice. You look gorgeous in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pur-tee dress, and your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the style and colors of the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous in your floaty frock, I'd steal the whole outfit off you in a heartbeat! Love that psychedelic blouse, you have to keep it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great dress and it looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No shame in wearing the same outfit again and again and again when you look this good, Becky! The dress is gorgeous on you. Go on - keep both shirts, I dare you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look GORGEOUS, woman! I LOVE office Christmas parties AND Japanese steak houses, so I am enjoying a vicarious (sp?) thrill. Isn't it wonderful when children get old enough to do things like take pictures of you? And to be bored with it? Enjoy it while you can. Soon they will be teenagers and you will find yourself seeking solace in various mood-altering substances...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that boho hippie dress ! Use it often , and tgat blouse is a keeper.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that shirt, wow! and you keeping it, too bad hey?
    The colors are amazing!
    No wonder you wore that dress more than once, it's gorgeous!
    I can't keep the 1 to 1 rule and i keep everything, got an exploding closet
    Cute to force the kids to take the pics, well you know, that's the least they can for their wonderful mother?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course you wore it twice in a week! That's what a real clothing lover does! It's gorgeous on you so it should be seen out and about as often as possible. The 1-in-1-out Rule shouldn't apply to your very, very favorite pieces ... there should be a small but select section in your closet that doesn't have to submit to that particular rule.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dress is beautiful, and very Becky (or Rebecca), but what I really love is your hair! It looks so cool. I was just thinking about cutting mine again, but maybe I want to look like you instead.

    That Catherine Ogust shirt is amazing - good thing you kept it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look gorgeous in your colorful dress and of course you had to keep the Catherine Ogust shirt. Downsizing can be brutal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the 70s boho look your rocking, your blonde hair and bangs. Every time I read your blog I'm tempted to transition to selling vintage clothes, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of these shirts are gorgeous, but I propably would pick the funky colored square patterned one as well.

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. I'll try to live up to the honor and keep you informed. I need to do more current events stuff, because my life is becoming so pleasantly dull. Thank you. In your honor, I'm adopting your hairstyle. And girl, seriously, stay way the hell away from WebMD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I miss this one...! I love your new shirt and I'm certain I'd have to find room in my closet for it. And your dress is awesome. You are gorgeous in this and your hair is mighty fine as well. Happy 2015 to you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I gave you a little shout out on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Catherine Ogust blouse is fantastic - love the colours! I was trying to stick to the one in/one out rule but it's not going so well ;)

    ReplyDelete