Tuesday, July 5, 2016

QUEENS, BITCH

Next stop after Hunter...
We were super lucky to have CandyMan's cousins and family and friends from upstate NY ready to host us.  His younger cousin Brent is a talented musician and producer in the group Sweatpants Money.  He was ready to scoop us up and head into Queens----



 for an amazing throw down by .....




I was blown away by Durban's TekLife hour long set after two of the headliners.  It's apparently under the terms footworks and is Chicago's answer to west coast and Miami bass.  They fucking brought it.  Low and grimy and hard-hitting with lots of hard rap samples.  GOOD STUFF.   He was downstairs in the basement of the club.  Kaleigh, Brent's gf, who is absolutely the most fun and sweet girl, would turn to me, grab my face with both hands, and scream at me, "You're in a basement in Queens, BITCH!!!!"

They also took us tubing down the Hudson river.  CandyMan obvi grew up doing it, but I've only ever tubed in Florida and this was really just super lovely, gorgeous, beautiful.  Plus, like I said, our hosts we're super fun and pretty much made the vacation <3

My entire bathing suit, all 3 pieces were bought in a mix/match sale online Victoria's Secret.  The bottoms are a little small, but it's not stopping me from wearing them.  Sunnies on both of us are from very cheap mall kiosk lolol!  No jewelry or phone on the river, so these pics at the beginning are it!!!
From left to right clockwise starting with CandyMan/Zach/Cousin Brent/Zach's sister/her fiancé/Kaleigh/ME




Now Zach in this pic down here with CandyMan.  Zach is superrrrrrrrr cool and chill and I'll actually have to do another post about him because he is a talented artist that makes instruments.


After our tubing adventure we went back to CandyMan's Aunt Elaine's house in Lake Luzerne.  She is the one who let us stay in her sweet ski house at Hunter Mountain
I was lucky enough to eat up a home cooked "Surf, Turf, & Lamb" meal, as Kaleigh called it, which consisted of: Mediterranean Lamb burgers w/ crumbled feta, Pinot Grigio Shrimp Scampi, Spicy Asian Sweet Chili and Roasted Red Pepper White Corn, Butter Charred Brussel Sprouts, and Garlic and Balsamic marinated strip steak. Did I mention that, like, everyone in CandyMan's family is a chef!!!


Uncle Dale, cousin Brent, and CandyMan cookin' it up


Gary, Aunt Elaine, & Kaeligh <3
Oh, and Aunt Elaine gave me a bunch of hand-me-downs!!!!!!  Score!!!!!!!


Basically a kind of perfect day.

Hooking up to I will wear what I like!!!

Love & Light, 
Becky 
xoxox


P.S. Meme time







5 comments:

  1. Ha! Love that meme. Its so true.
    Sounds like you're having the time of your life. Enjoy before the world goes into meltdown! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd been to NYC, but never upstate NY. It was def incredible!!!

      Delete
  2. Lol Vix, right?! It's like Britain is the stodgy old man who gave dvd's a try but is just like "fuck it, I'm going back to my vcr" and America is a spoiled toddler throwing a temper tantrum because we don't want to shut up and go to bed. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time. I love that you were in Queens! The sandwich board says it all--what is happening in this country and the UK? Thanks for sending a link for the Tunic post. It goes up Wednesday! xx

    ReplyDelete