Sunday, December 16, 2012

Oh BOY!!!!

Chame, chame, chame, chame, chame, chameleoooon...


RED

GOLD

and GREEN

RED

GOLD

and GREEEEEEEN

This was a little holiday party dress tribute based on and dedicated to the awesomeness of Boy George.
Sort of hard to get into the blogging spirit since it has been such a depressing few days.  Everyone I know is just emotionally crushed and heartbroken over the innocent lives lost at the school in Newton.  So I figured something utterly silly would be best.

The cranberry red dress is a velvet 60s number that is a bit short and tight, especially since I've put on so much weight!  I can never get it to photograph well, but the color is gorgeous in person.  The tights are the ones I mentioned in this post here.  You will be seeing them lots ;).  The gold dress is a vintage one that is now available for sale here.  The green dress is an Ali Ro I bought on clearance retail years ago for about $20.  The material is a sort of thick starchy muslim-y type with a metallic sheen that doesn't really come across with my bad camera and photography.  The structure of the dress and big bow makes me feel like a present.  And my husband loves this odd little number of a dress.  I have another Ali Ro that I bought the same day (hey, who can resist $20 party dresses!!) that is much more typically sexy...  Maybe there will be pics of that in the future.

Here are all the fun patterned pantyhose:
Candy Cane Stripes
Sparkly Stars

Sheer Black Diamonds
 I absolutely love patterned pantyhose.  They add so much fun to a look and they cover my pale veiny legs.  What's not to love?
Now, to head over to Patti's Visible Monday & #saturdaysharelinkup & #iwillwearwhatilike to be inspired by all the stylin' ladies :)


19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen!! Very stylin' white hat you have in your pic :)

      Delete
  2. That green dress is a stunner - love how you've styled all these, and the chameleon theme makes me smile : > Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patti!! Visible Monday inspired a little creativity in me this week-- I'm grateful for it :)

      Delete
  3. You look great in everything. Boy George used to live in my town adn I used to trail after him like a lost lamb! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Vix! I can't believe Boy George used to live in your town. Could you be any more cooler??? L*U*C*K*Y I used to play his record over and over... I still have it stashed in my closet :)

      Delete
  4. Ok. All looks/dresses are amazing but that green number takes the cake- it is mind blowingly stunning on you, Pink Cheetz! I love your added textured hose- an unsung hero really, and that gold dress may be runner up. But good lawdy, I need to see you in that green frock in HI-RES images! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bella!! I loved your recent no nonsense pantyhose post and I adore texture/patterned hose!! They add so much flair and they make me a little more comfy showing leg :) I wish I had HI-RES images (or whatever that is!!) because I am starting to realize my $99 camera sucks!! I honestly didn't know before I started taking pics for my store & trying to blog how bad my camera really was... Photography is the next frontier I will be venturing into-- FUN (and probably frustrating). Makes me appreciate all the great pics other people are taking even more.

      Delete
  5. Ah, I needed thoughts of Boy George to cheer me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy!! I needed to cheer myself up with some Boy George :) Your blog is amazing and I love especially love all the earrings. Just went shorter with my hair again so earring are now back on the accessory agenda!

      Delete
  6. Fantastic! I love all these outfits on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie!! Holiday outfits are always a little exciting :)

      Delete
  7. These outfits are all beautiful. The green dress is stunning, and I love the necklace you wore with the gold outfit. Gorgeous! :)

    -Mary @ Style That Moves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary!! The necklace was actually a gift I gave my mom and borrowed back for a night!! lolzzz Your blog is great! I love how you had some guest bloggers on when you were busy--- fun idea idea to keep things fresh and mix it up a bit :)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful rich green hue, that dress...especially with your hair color. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks odyssey! Trying to get the true color and texture of the fabric across with a crappy camera is near impossible-- starting to learn :)

      Delete
  9. What a great idea and they all look lovely! My fave is the green

    ReplyDelete