Saturday, March 22, 2014

Fractions: Practical Application

So, I have a bunch a favorite stores on Etsy that I follow and they throw up all their new items at me when I'm just browsing...  It's a little bit horrible because it makes me see a lot of stuff I want.

{{I JUST WANT TO STATE THAT IF MONEY WAS NO OBJECT I'D BUY EVERYTHING IN THIS STORE!!!!!  Everything.  And wear it all at once.  I literally drool over this store...  I don't even look at the squash blossom necklaces and cuffs anymore because it is in the NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN financial category of my life---but, if your budget is a little bigger than mine plzzzz check them out}}
Soooo one of my favorite, but out of my budget, stores is Navajo Dreams and the earrings (link here)  below really got my attention:


Well, I was bored last week and browsing through my favorites and I just kept getting stuck on these earrings, but $185 wasn't going to happen.  When I read the description I saw they were hallmarked Q.T. Sterling.  What could it hurt to google a bit, right?  Maybe, maybe, just maybe...

Flash forward to Ebay.  I found several similar pairs.  Some were auctions and some were priced buy it now for between approximately $24.99 to $60.
I took my chance on an auction and got these for $19 +FREE shipping: 

Here I am trying to model them, but close-ups are hard with earrings: 



 I was so happy, that I searched for a second pair and found these that were different colors than the original pair, but had the heart shape: 


I adore the turquoise & purple color!!!  

These were literally a fraction of the price.  Some vintage items are OOAK and super rare and if I had a bigger budget I would but it--NO HESITATION.   But, I don't have that kind of money and I have to scavenge affordable options for myself.   Since these were more recent vintage I was able to find a pair priced for my budget, support an independent seller, and shop sustainably.  It's all good.   

Also, about my outfit.  At least what you can see of it.  Remember when I talked about camo here.  Well, I realize now, the camp jacket is just too much for me, but I started wearing the camo hat I've had and CAN"T take it off.  I wear it constantly if I'm working or hanging out outside.  Also, I've been putting braids in my hair again.  I wore them when I used to wear the camo jacket and actually I have a long history of braid obsession, which I will share soon.  This post here also had braids. 


The embroidered vintage tunic is shown much better here and was found in a $5 rummage bin in the back of a little booth at Ren Fest.  It's actually pretty fantastic!  

Can't wait to see everyone's fun fashion--so glad it's the weekend :)

Love & Light, 
Becky 
<3 <3 <3 

SHOP HERE: PinkCHeetahVintage



16 comments:

  1. The earrings are fabulous. And no, my budget isn't big enough to stretch to the cost of the ones which originally caught your eye either! It's good to know you can find a version of what you like and still support an independent seller. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove authentic Native American jewelry pieces, there's some being sold at our local Saturday art market I want to save up for, they're so beautiful and dress up everything. Love the earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo, lady! They look wonderful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the braids, Becky! Miss you! When you coming for a visit. Avery was talking about London earlier today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK so you've just proven to me that I don't have enough earrings. xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohh... I can see why you like these pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - so gorgeus pieces ! Really great finds .
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great find, they look gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous earrings! I love finding deals on eBay. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow so pretty! Nothing's better than a good ebay deal! xx Tani

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are stunning ear rings. I think most of the Native American jewelry is gorgeous but so expensive this is a totally doable option. So you too!
    Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing finds and that tunic makes me swoon with want, thank you so much for your sweet comment x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Becky! Oh I have been really spending so much time on eBay, bidding like mad on L'Wren Scott items. Yikes! I haven't won one auction yet, can you believe that? XO, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  14. Killer earrings! That top was a pretty awesome ren faire find!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW soo AMAZING outfit :) your blog is so fun

    Check out my new post....How to decorate your home with cute fabrics :)

    I wish you a great week dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - inredning it's, Swedish for decor :)

    ReplyDelete